What is Equine Assisted Learning?
Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) is an experiential learning system that helps people of all ages develop life skills through interactions with equines (horses).
There are many forms of EAL including
- EAT (equine assisted therapy)
- FEEL (facilitiated equine experiential learning)
- EFW (equine facilitated wellness)
- EFC (equine facilitated counselling)
- FMH (equine facilitated mental health).
The list goes on and on… while some of these programs require a background and/or certification in psychology and/or psychotherapy, EAL is a simple, guided process where the horses are the teachers.
EAL Can Teach:
- self confidence
- appropriate assertiveness
- team work
- observation skills
- self acceptance
- social skills
… and much more!